Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Job

I have been working on a research project involving bighorn sheep for the last year and a half. Before beginning this job I didn't really appreciate Utah. The job has allowed me to enjoy the wildlife, the back country, and more. Here are few images of those adventures.
This hike was bad. We went from 5ooo ft to 8000 ft in about 2 hours (thats too fast for me) and we ran out of water at about 2:00pm. I think, though, that this view of American Fork Canyon with Mount Timponogos in the background made it worthwhile.
Ah, yes. The fruits of our labors. Unfortunately, my job description has been more about finding dead sheep rather than studying living ones. You can't see it, but the snake just crapped itself.My really good images are inaccessible at the moment. But this girl is always fun to find. She some times travels between American Fork Canyon and Provo Canyon (something like 15 miles) in one day. Here she was trying to kick rocks at us.

5 comments:

Cam and Lohi said...

glad to see that you still enjoy your big horn sheep thing. you loved it when we were there and you still love it a whole 1 1/2 later :). at least now eva has a permanent buddy with her so she doesn't get lonely :).

Cherisse said...

Eva! This is Cherisse. You have a beautiful family. Your little girl is darling! Good news...we are going to have another baby the end of January! We'll have to get together if your around fall semester. Our blog is ryanreesiemofisher.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

hey guys,
looks like you have been up to alot!! your daughter is beautiful!!! Eva I just saw your mom at my shower on Molokai...I got to overhear her talking about you guys :) send me your email address @ goolia_15@yahoo.com so I can send you an invite to our blog!!

Crystal said...

Hey Eva! I saw your blog through Cherisse's! Cute baby girl! You'll have to check our blog it's gayloncrystal@blogspot.com I've added you to my friend's list...if you don't mind!

BrittWilk said...

nia is sooo cute! and YEAH i found your blog!!!!!!

i would have pooped my pants too if i were that snake! uncle k is scary. :)